This weekend, in fact just this evening, I sat down to finish up some things which I've been meaning to do forever!! Jeff, the Judge who is marrying us, sent me an email a while ago containing the ceremonies for all of the weddings he has done. There are so many beautiful ones! After looking through all of them, I chose pieces of several of them and put them together. It was an emotional process and I'm really happy with how it turned out, I think it's going to be wonderful!
While Ryan is down watching the Bears game (Go Bears!!) I made 4 Cd's that will be played in the Lodge. I had already made up our Wedding playlist on ITunes, so all I had to do was separate the list into 4 Cd's and burn them. I also made a test Cd to send to Dena at KLM to make sure their Cd player can play burned Cd's.
In other news... we've finished selecting the drinks for the reception and I've gotten the food on order from Luigi's, which is a branch of Portillo's. How fitting to serve Italian food when Ryan's last name is so very Italian and mine will also be Italian very soon! The main dishes will be Stuffed Chicken, Beef Tenderloin and Spinach Lasagna. There will also be appetizers, salads and side dishes which all sound amazing. Yum!
One thing I'm having a difficult time with is selecting our Wedding cake. I found a bakery online that is located in Hinsdale and they have photos on their website showing their cakes. I saw one that I fell in love with and my sister, Kristy, her husband, John, and my Mom went in for a taste test this weekend. Unfortunately, they weren't as impressed with the cake as I was hoping they would be. So, I'm going to do a little more investigating. The hardest part is that there are so many bakeries in the area but they do not have any photos of their cakes that you can look at.
The other task I worked on tonight was adding on to our "To do" list when we get to Chicago on Tuesday night. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning will be filled with tasks but I'm hoping there is enough down time for both of us that we'll be able to enjoy the process.
You'll notice that there are an awful lot of "I's" in our posts and not a whole lot of "we's". Ryan, is helping me with the planning but he also has the sense to just let me make certain decisions on my own. Smart man! I thank him for his contribution and he is very helpful when I request it of him. I have a feeling most men are this way when it comes to their wedding. :)
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment