Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9 more days!

Only 9 days to go!!!

There have been a few glitches in the planning this week, but for the most part we are all set for the wedding. The wedding planning sort of reminds me of Christmas... you shop and plan for so long and then, boom, in a day it's all over! I am absolutely going to try to treasure every part of this process, even the ones that are frustrating! :)

According to the weather channel, the 19th is supposed to be 68 degrees and sunny... hopefully that forecast will hold true! What a great day that would be.

On Monday night, Ryan and I went to Red Rocks Amphitheatre to see The Foo Fighters with our neighbors, Dale & Petya. We had a great time and it allowed us to rock it out and forget about everything for a night. It was unseasonably cool that night, I had three shirts on plus my winter coat and also a hat and gloves, but we really weren't cold at all! The band played for almost two and a half hours and they were incredible. They have been around for 14 years now and you'd never know their age but the energy they possessed. They sounded amazing and we had an awesome time. My one complaint is that the crowd (it was sold-out!) didn't seem as into the show as I would have hoped. Blame it on the fact that people were wearing gloves, but the cheering seemed pretty weak to me. Even Dave Grohl (the lead singer) noticed and most bands love playing Red Rocks because the crowd is fantastic. Hopefully, the crowd at Tuesday night's show redeemed Denver.

Other then that, we're just gearing up to fly out on Tuesday. I have a list started of things I need to bring and I have all of the wedding oriented items all in one place in our office/cat room. We also have our bachelor & bachelorette parties coming up this weekend and I know we're both looking forward to those!

No comments: