Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Break time

Ry and I have taken a short break from the wedding planning lately. We have just about everything in place at this point, so now we are just waiting for the RSVP's to complete a few last minute tasks. :)

In Denver, we are on our 17th straight day with temperatures above 90 degrees. We are also at only 3.8 inches of rain for the year, more then 2" behind our driest year on record. It has been very hot and oh so dry here. We pray for rain everyday, I swear it has been well over a month since we seen any significant rainfall, but even though you can see the clouds and sometimes even the rain falling from them, it doesn't seem to hit the ground. This causes big concerns for wildfires, but all we can really do is hope for rain to come our way.

I have been fighting a summer cold over the past couple of days, and I'm home from work for the afternoon for some R&R. I had a doctor's appointment this morning, for a non-cold related reason. I changed my health insurance in June and I've had two, much needed, yearly appointments in the past couple of weeks. Part of one appointment was having some routine bloodwork done. According to my doctor, everything looks great except for my thyroid. So, this morning I was diagnosed as hypothyroid (low thyroid) and put on a low dose of thyroid replacement hormone. Our neighbor, Ian, is also hypothyroid and he lent me a wonderful book that has so many answers in it. I knew that I hadn't been feeling 100%, but until I read this book I didn't realize how many of the symptoms I had been having could be linked to hypothyroidism. Even though it could take up to six months to get my thyroid balanced, Ryan and I are happy that I am on my way to feeling better.

We hope all of you are happy and healthy! This afternoon, my thoughts are with my friend, Emily, who is having her first baby today! She has sent me two text messages and I've talked to her once so far this morning and after 12+ hours of labor she has ended up with a C section. I'm eagerly awaiting more news that she and baby girl, Kindle Jane, are healthy and doing well!

No comments: